Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November 4, 2013

Família,


   Sorry that I didn't get to write you some more last week. Elder Chandler was pretty upset about his transfer call. So, we didn't end up going back to an internet cafe.  I have a new companion. His name is Elder Chatwin. He's great. Really nice, super strong.
So, Elder Chatwin and I left, and started walking. We walked for quite a while without anything happening. Then, for one reason to the next, we turned into a bairro that no missionary has ever entered, garunteed. This bairro is litterally a hole in the ground. As I walked through, the scripture in Jeremiah 16:16 was being said in my head; ''from out of the holes in the rocks.'' As we walked, I saw a big red door. I stopped, and then I knocked on it. 
The door opened, and a woman answered. After explaining, she got a big smile on her face, and we were invited in. What was there? Eight people that had gotten together to study the Bible. We had a lesson and taught the Restoration. The Spirit was there, and they're all really excited to receive a copy of the Book of Mormon. I was stunned. It was a miracle from God.
   I feel great now. I'm ready to finish off really strong this transfer. I'm way excited. I'm going to do all I can to help or find whoever I need to find. I'm excited to come back, but I'm going to stay focused this transfer. It was hard at first, because Elder Kearney also went home. ( I saw him in the wrap line at the MTC!) But I'm excited to work again.
   Thank you for all that you've done to help me out. The only thing I might ask is to send me a link so I can renew my driver's license. It's expired, now. I don't know if I can just renew it online, or if I have to wait until I come back. But, that's fine too. I'm just excited to be back. Also, let me know what you think I should bring back, and what I should ditch! 



I love you all with all my heart. I hope that I've done enough on my mission that I deserve to come home to you all in December. I've given it my all.

I love you all so so so much.

Elder Alex Hobbs

DSC03702- Mauro's family, left to right. Mauro, Chris, Maria Conseição, Maria De Fatima

DSC03705- Chandler and I with Guilherme, a friend from Terra Nova who's going to Moçambique for his mission (to the right. I don't know who the guy on the left is, as Angolans like to jump into pictures.)

DSC03711- General Conference, Sunday morning session.

DSC03721- Elder Kearney and I.


DSC03708- Angolan mopping technique.






No comments:

Post a Comment