Monday, November 4, 2013

September 16, 2013

Família,


   This was a pretty slow week. We didn't get to see a ton of people. The assault was pretty hard on Elder Chandler. But I think that better days are still ahead of us. We've got a lot of phone time to burn, and some elders dropped about 11 references on us a few days ago. I'm going to be calling a lot of people this week. 
   But I'm doing well. This week, we got to go to Al's house (he's a member) and make his family tacos! Not everyone liked it, as Angolans have a very bland taste, but Al thought it was great, and he wants to start a taco kart here, because it hasn't quite hit the market! haha
   We were able to see Mauro, the first person that I ever baptized. He's been inactive. But he came to church this week, and his sister (who the last time I saw her she was full of peircings and completely inactive) is going on a mission soon! It's very exciting. I can't wait to see him come back and get the priesthood and perhaps serve his own mission. Mauro is a very good guy.
   We also had a really good lesson with the Paulo family. We taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentence, baptism, the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end). It was very very spiritual, and I think that it had a very good impact on a few of members of the family that aren't members.
   I've been starting to think of life after the mission. What do you all think of me becoming a pilot for an airline? We've got an Elder here who's been talking it up for quite a while, and it sounds like a good gig! haha. I've also been trying to weigh out all my options for college: BYU-I, BYU, Boise State, Utah State. These are the ones on my mind. Tell me what you all think!
   To answer the questions, this will most definately be my last area. I'm at my ''dying grounds''. Another thing that I wanted to ask you guys about was the subject of my return date. The idea to come home for Christmas has been on my mind a lot lately. Pretty much all of the elders are telling me to go, especially Elder Chandler, because I would end up going with him.  Also, I'd be home for Christmas, and I could get a little of a head start on finding a job to save money for college. Tell me what you all think. I want your honest opinion. :)
   But that's the news for the week. I love you all SOOO much.


Elder Alex Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment