Tuesday, November 5, 2013

September 23, 2013

Família,

   The week was a good one. It was still slow as to the work, but overall, I was pretty happy this week. We went to our branch President's house to start things off, and we talked about what his goals for the branch were. He's big into missionary work. He wants us to find any youth possible, and introduce him, because their records aren't all too great. He also wants to start walking with us once a month to get to know where some of the members actually live. I'm way excited for that. Things are finally starting to move along on the branch side of things.
   We've been working a lot lately with a man named D. He's a really cool guy, as he speaks russian, english, portugues, and a few other languages. His big problem is that he's a big marijuana and cocaine user. He knows it's wrong and wants to quit. He already gave up drinking, and he wants to give up tobacco next. He also promised he would stay away from cocaine, as the last time he used it, he ended up in the hospital, and said that it wasn't worth it. D is very... wise. He's pretty much searched the bible himself and understands a lot of basic themes in the gospel. Weed makes you think deep! But he's a very nice man. When we talk with him, I feel that we're talking with a child. He's very humble.
   I don't know if I've told you all yet, but M's sister, Maria, is going to serve a mission. When I left Cassequele a year and a half ago, she was inactive, and piercings filled her face. When I came back, I didn't recognize her, and she wants to walk with us now! I'm stoked. She's going to help M so so so much.
   On friday, we had our integration night. We watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restauration. It went really well, as D came with another investigator named B. They live on the same street and speak english together. Actually, the lesson with B was really funny, because his drunk brother walked in and saw us, stared, then yelled ''A PAZ DO SENHOR!! (the peace of the lord!)'' We told him thanks, and he left for about 2 minutes before he returned with a bible, knelt down on the ground and asked for a prayer. So I started to pray. I thanked God that we could come to his house, and for the blessings we had been given, when all of the sudden, he lifted his hands in the air, started shaking and yelled ''Halleluja! Halleluja Cristo! Halleluja!....'' and then I said amen to stop it, but he just kept going (he was feelin it!). So then B said 'amen' again and his brother suddenly stopped and said 'amen' then was silent. I know how to pray!
   Then, to finish things off, we had District Conference this weekend. It was a lot of fun. I got to see pretty much every convert I've had on my mission, excepting one or two. I love the members here. I have some pictures to send you all, but this cyber isn't all too trustworthy, so next week for sure. I sat next to Peugar, and we played hangman during some of the more boring parts. hehe. But I almost cried as I thought about some of the people that were there. Dani, Aida, Maria Pinto, Lemba, Rebecca and Peugar, the Paulos, Luisa, and so many others were all there. The members here all know my name. It's wierd.
    I'm still not 100% sure about coming home for Christmas. I would have to make a decision by October 28. I'm hoping that I'll have decided by next week though. If I extend, my release date would be January 22 ish. If I come home early, I would arrive home on December 12. Just about a 6 week difference. I talked with President Merrill about it.  
   I'm still unsure. I'm going to do a fast or two this week to find out what God wants from me. Because for me, I'd be happy either way. I love it here so much. It's going to be hard to leave. I want to do all the work I can. It's hard to choose, but I'm just going to do what God says, because I have no idea what the heck to do! haha
   As for college, I'm really thinking about Utah State. But my out of state tuition for the first year would be horrendous, so I have to find a way to get residency. Elder Stewart says that if Grandpa graduated from there, I would get Alumni scholarship, and it would lower the cost A TON. If not, I was thinking about going to BYU provo for the first year (as the cost only matters if you are a member or not), and then transfering to Utah State. Utah State has one of the best pilot courses in the country, apparently. So... that's where I am with that. Did Grandpa actually graduate from there? If so, that would help Utah State's argument quite a bit! haha
   Well, that's the week in rap for yall! I love you all so so so much. I can't wait to see you. I'm excited for the future! I love you all.
Elder Alex Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment