Tuesday, November 5, 2013

October 14, 2013

Família,


   This week has been a good one. Elder Chandler's foot is feeling better, so we were able to get out and do some good work. D has set some goals with us to stop smoking weed, and is supposedly only going to smoke it 3 times this week, which is a reduction of 4 times a week.
   We started teaching a familyl. Their names are A and O. So far, they really enjoy their visits, and we've had some good lessons with them. A has some doubts each time, and she doesn't read a lot because she's a studying mom of 4 children. O seems to really REALLY like what we teach though. I hope that we see some good progress with them.
   We took Maria F with us to a lesson with A and O as well. Maria F is M's sister (M was the first person that I ever baptized). She's preparing to go on a mission, so it she really liked it, but she was way nervous, I could tell. We also walked with M. He's been less active since I left Cassequele the first time, but he came to church this week! I got to sit next to their family in sacrament, and it felt awesome! Our branch president had an interview with him and tried to motivate him to go on a mission. I think he'll probably start up his papers soon as well. AWESOME!
   As for coming home, I feel that I have a different answer every day. Today, I want to go home for Christmas, yesterday, it was January. I would love to come home for Christmas, and I'm sure that Elder Chandler and Grandma are both praying for that to happen. However, sometimes I fear that I'll go home and feel like I'm supposed to still be here. I love it here too. It's hard. Normally, I wouldn't stress so much, but there are things in my patriarchal blessing that make me worry. (if mom and dad want to look, it's in paragraph 4) I'll need to make a decision soon though. October 23 is probably my absolute last chance. I guess we'll see.
   I love you all so so so very much. Thank you for your letters, pictures, and packages. I'll see you all soon (whether it's this year or next, I don't know).

Love, Elder Alex Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment