Tuesday, August 6, 2013

July 15, 2013

Família,


   This week was a good one. We got in a ton of lessons, and Maria P's family got baptized! It was really cool because we used a brand new baptismal font! It ran so much smoother than the last one, and it was super easy to baptize An. Poor little N: she's a girl about Luxana's age, and she can't get baptized for another 2 months! She was really sad. But I told her that the reason she couldn't get baptized was because Jesus knew she was perfect enough and she didn't need baptism! That helped here a lot. Then she started playing with my camera and took a ton of pics. By the way, A tells me that he writes Weston on facebook all the time. Every time he tells me, I check my watch for the Idaho time: 1h00. hahaha That's Weston alright!
   Happy Birthday to Luxana! Actually, you got a birthday present from Rebecca! She wrote Luxana a letter. I'll try and send it next week. Happy Birthday to mom too! I'll see what I can get from the praça that you would like. I can't wait to give you your come home hug present!
    There's not a lot of new things happening here. It's kind of just the same old routine. Elder Pimentel and I are marking a lot of people for baptism though. We've got 7 dates right now, and we're trying to get some more by working with unmarried couples. I think that Elder Pimentel and I are going to see a lot of success here in Benfica. It's a nice area, but I think I'd like to get one more area in me before I leave.
   The week was a little stressful, organizing the baptisms and preparing a training, but it went well. Big numbers, big success. We went to the mall here on Saturday and had some KFC and looked at all the new movies coming out. It looks like I'm going to have a list when I come home! haha. Also, everyone in the house loves all the new CDs, especially Elder Tingey, who's a big country fan.
   Well, I love you all so much. I think of you all often.

Elder Alex Hobbs

DSC03507- Me comforting Namara

DSC03515- The family. (From left to right) Elder Pimentel, Maria Pinto, Cristina, Andrew, Namara, yours truly, President Sabastião

DSC03524- Me and Andrew

DSC03531- The new font

DSC03559- Planning for P-day
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment