Monday, December 9, 2013

November 25, 2013

Família,

   It was another good week this week. We did a lot of meaningful work, and got rewarded very nicely for the weekend: On saturday, a protest group petitioned to protest, and the government told them no, but they threatened to protest anyway. Fearing agressive police, President Merrill had all of us stay inside that day. It was a nice little rest. So, A and E's baptisms are being moved to Dec. 7.
   Then, yesterday was absolutely amazing! We had a primary program, and that was absolutely beautiful! I felt a very special Spirit as the children sang their songs and said their parts. Just so you know, the primary program in Angola is the same as anywhere else. ;)
   After that, we had some interviews with President, and he told me my flight plans. Nairobi-Paris-SLC-IF. That's pretty crazy. I'm excited though, because I can buy an actual African tie! haha. Plus, I'll have officially been in 5 different countries! That is a cool acheivement. 
   Yesterday, I also had the opportunity to start saying some goodbyes. I went to M P's house, and saw her and the kids. The kids attacked me when they saw that I had come in. It was really nice, but super hard to say goodbye. It was like a piece of me was still in their house as I left. Way rough. But it was a happy goodbye in the end, no tears, just smiles.
   Well, I'm doing good here. I just wanted to run one idea by you all really fast: most of my recent converts have a facebook account, and I'll be able to chat with them when I get back. However, R and P don't, and they don't have money to use cyber cafés. What do you think if, for christmas, I got them a cheap $20-$30 cell phone? It's apparently a lot cheaper for the US to call to Angola rather than vice versa, as a lot of RMs from here have said. I don't know if it's a good or bad idea, so I just wanted to run that by ya.
   Alright, so I'm not 100% sure I know all the rules for the ''Do you think Alex will...'' game, but I'll try to make a few:
   
  • Be shivering his tan off when he gets back?
  • Still recognize the inside of the house?
  • Believe how much everyone has grown?
  • Be really ''Peter Priesthood''?
  • Have a really cool haircut?
  • Talk with a funny accent and say things wrong in English?
There's a few that I'm not sure about! hahaha

Thank you so much for my birthday gift! I'm not sure what it is, as there wasn't a pic attached, but it's up to you all if it's supposed to be a surprise or not. I'm just excited to see all of you!
   I love you all so so so very much. I'll see you soon. 

Love,

Elder Alex Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment