Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013

Família Querida,

  The week was hard. We only got six lessons in, because the area
divided. I'll be honest, this transfer will be a test of diligence for
me, as I have a small area and the opportunity to do anything that I
want... so I'm going to have to step up to the plate and just work my
behind off!
  Elder Money is so awesome! He's from SLC, and reminds me a lot of
Elder Hyde. He likes a lot of the same stuff that I liked before my
mission, so we're always talking! Plus, he speaks so well! They're
putting something into the pots at the MTC! But he's cool. He brought
BANG, disney music, and taco seasoning to our house... yes. This will
be a good transfer! Hahaha.
  Funny story of the week: Elder Money's first experience with funge:
We're at H and A's house. She hears that he's never had it, so
she tells us that we're not leaving until we eat some lunch with them.
They pull out some really good meat, some beans, a little spinich-like
stuff, and the funge. Elder Money has heard of the stuff, so he takes
an amount that he knows, no matter how bad it is, he can choke down.
H sees this ''small'' portion and scoops a BIG glop onto his
plate. He was fighting. As we ate, H put some ''gindungu'' on the
table (the hottest pepper in Angola). He offered some to Elder Money.
Elder Money says he doesn't like spicy food. Later, H notices
that he's choking down the funge, so he says: ''If you put some
gindungu on the stuff and eat it, you can be done.'' A is in the
back yelling: ''no! no! it's bad! don't do it!'' Elder Money accepts.
It was hot, but it was just a little juice, so he snuck out of that
one! hahaha. Elder Money says it's felt like the funge has just stuck
in his stomach since then!
  But we're both very excited, as the area that just divided away
from ours is being ''emergency transferred'' back to us. I'm not sure
what's going on, but we think a missionary in the provinances is sick,
so he's coming up, and Elder Castleton is going down, destroying the
new area and putting back to us. So we should see a LOT of lessons
this next week!
   I do remember her. Her older sister was in
my class. She was about 2 years younger. I remember sitting in
Drama class, and there was some free time given to us. She was talking
with a friend about Mormons, and I turned around and started talking
to us. She asked about a belief we had, so I explained the plan of
salvation. After that, a few days later, she showed me a Book of
Mormon she had. I had never thought she would make the decision to get
baptized. That is so cool! I never knew that I had such an impact on
her like that.
  Hearing about her really makes me feel good. I've thought a lot
about who I want to be after the mission, and, as cheesey as it
sounds, I want to be the guy who ''never got released, just
transferred''. I want to walk with the elders, feed them pizza on
Saturdays
, and give them references! It'll give me a chance to make up
for all the mistakes I've made out here! haha
  But truly. Always be ready to share. Abinadi was a prophet in the
Book of Mormon who boldly testified to King Noah. He was then burned
to death, and in the fire probably mourned that no one had listened to
his words. Yes, he was consoled in God, but he never saw any fruits of
his sacrifice. But who listened? Alma did. From there, we all know the
story. I just hope that I'm not too lazy and that my works are having
an effect as well. I'm so thankful for repentance. I believe that the
Lord doesn't care who you were, but who you are. Repentance means
change. When we change ourselves, and confess and leave our sins, we
get the forgiveness. I love it, because I'll tell you... I sucked!
hahaha. But daily change and learning from mistakes is a HUGE blessing
to me.
  Keep on keepin' on over there! I love you all!

Que Deus vos abençoe,

Elder Alex Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment