Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December 17, 2012

Querida Família,

  Woo! This week was awesome! It feels really good to finally be able
to do a bunch of work in your own area! The area itself is kind of
wilted, but this week, we hit it up hard here! We were dropping cards
and pamphlets everywhere! Plus we picked up 6 new investigators! It's
awesome.
  Yea, things with Elder Kelsey are awesome. We get each other's humor
and we're both ready to go into the heat. Plus, studies get done
pretty much without fail, something that not a lot of missionaries
like. But it feels awesome!
  There wasn't a lot of news this week, but I'll give you all the
rundown for all your questions: only my copy of my passport was lost,
so the social security number is safe. Christmas EVE is when I'll see
you on Skype. I'll be using the Thompson's computer, so the internet
should be alright. If not, they'll let me give you all a call.  But the scheduled time (if I calculated daylight savings right)
will be 17h here, and 10h for you there. BUT: there is a confusion
with the daylight time, so it might be 11h for you there. I would just
be ready around 10h. But that's the plan for now! I'm excited!
  So as for now, we've started giving around half of our focus to an
area called Sapú. It's across the street from a place called Golfe,
and our hope is to build up enough members there to put a branch down
to link up the city. It would be AWESOME! I'm loving it because the
area of Sapú is very ''Africany''. It's calm, the road is dust, and
there's imbondeiros and palm trees there. Way cool.
  But I'm doing well. I've started to set some new goals, because the
last few transfers have left me feeling like I haven't been fulfilling
my potential. So I've set some goals for the days, weeks, and
transfer, and I'm already feeling better. I'm super happy right now,
so don't be worrying about me!
  Well, I hope you all have a good week, and I'll see you on Christmas Eve!

Amor,

Elder Alex Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment