Friday, December 14, 2012

December 10, 2012

A Família Hobbs,

   Alright, let's hit the good stuff first: Christmas is comin!!! Wooo! I can't wait to talk with all y'all! It's gonna be so fun! We've been practicing singing Christmas Hymns for our Christmas Eve party that we'll have. It'll be nice. Also, we get to (or have been told to by President Kretly) to go caroling on Christmas itself. It'll be awesome.
   But not as awesome as my companion! He rocks! He's really, quiet, but he's also super cool. We got in so much work these past few days! This area is going places this transfer. We're going to find teach and baptize the whole block! haha. Also, we've been given permission from the branch president to train all of the presidencies of the auxilaries of the branch. Our district is the oldest in the mission, and all of us are pretty experienced and know what to do. Woo!
   Yea, I got robbed. I was just doin' email and some kid lifted my backpack. I lost my camera, document copies, bank cards, my dictionary and 140$ that has to come from my personal cash (scriptures are safe). But the cool thing is: I'm not mad. I don't want to sound like mister goodie goodie, but if the crowd of Angolans caught that guy, I would forgive him (Angolans hate theives, and probably would have tried to seriously hurt the guy) and save him. And it felt good. Who am I to judge another when I walk with this big old beam in my eye?
   Woah, I'm getting cash... thank you all so much! Please pay tithing on anything that comes in... the white handbook says I need to pay tithing to my home ward on funds recieved from home. I'll make a deal: I'll buy some food, but I'm going to use some on cool Africa stuff... and the food probably shouldn't be KFC... it costs like 20$ for a little sandwich with fries.... hahaha but it is FINGER LICKIN GOOD!!!
   For Christmas Skyping, I'm actually not quite sure yet what will be the plan... President said that they would try to do the same thing that the Waltons did for Mother's day, but he hasn't given us a schedule yet. If not, I know a really nice cyber that will not fail us that has Skype abilities. Tentatavely plan for 9h00 your time, 16h00 my time, because that is what my companion said he'd be alright with, but it isn't set in stone: I'll be sure to let you all know next week.
   Owen: I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GETTING FOR CHRISTMAS!!! HAHAHAHAHA! Love ya bro. :) WRITE ME A LETTER IN THE MAIL!!!
   Weston: Your friends are what is known as ''skibums'' it is a new form of hippie. hahaha. Do well in Spanish.
   Luxana: I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is school?
   I love it out here so much. The area is going to be hard, as it kind of died a little when I didn't have a companion, but now it's going to boom! I'm going to live it up! (Year mark and half mark both come this transfer) But I still miss you all more than you can know!

Lots of love,

Elder Alex Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment