Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6, 2012

Hobbs Family,

   Man! It sure looks like Halloween was a blast for all of you! I wish I could have been there with y'all. Halloween here was pretty quiet. We bought a little candy and President and Sister Thompson gave some to the missionaries as well. They said they actually had had some tricker treaters. Really strange for Angola.
   This last week was a little slow. It was difficult to get things set up with members to walk, as well as just timing things right with the construction going on here. But I think this next week should be a LOT better. No new baptisms yet Owen, but we should be seeing a rasta man named D get baptized on the 17th, and K is scheduled at last to be baptized on the 1st of December. I'm excited for those days!
   I'm planning to go out and find a bunch of people this coming week. I'm a little short on investigators, but luckily the field is white (well, technically it's black, but...) and ready to harvest!
   I had some very fun opportunities this week. R and P came to visit their aunt, so I got to go say hi to them on Sunday. I also got to walk with President Thompson. It was way fun!
   It looks like Weston had a great time. Enjoy it man. But don't inhale it. Girls are DEATH on the mission. Haha just kidding. Just remember what Chris told us: never fall in like with a girl. ;)
   Owen, just know that ''my little saints'' are going to come back and win the bowl when I'm there to see it! Haha, love you bro. So did you score big on Halloween? How's school? Anything super cool happenin? Stay patient for those games, but make sure to not spend too much time on the box!
    Luxana! I love your witch costume! You got a lot of candy, eh? I like the picture of you by the temple. Make sure to go inside some day ok? I love you lots and lots!
   So I never got the chance to vote. When President and Sister Walton were here, they told me to have the zone leaders take me to the embassy for a Pday. Unfortunately, the zone leaders didn't know where the embassy was, and so we never got around to it. But let me know what happens!
   I miss you guys a million! But I love my mission too. I learn so much here every day. It is a huge blessing. Tell Owen and Weston that they can't miss this unless they want to lose big!
   Lots of Love,

Elder Alex Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment