Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 20, 2012

amília,

   Wow, that was a slow news week. haha just kidding.

   Man, I sure love you guys. I've missed y'all a lot lately.  We do get Dia das graças this Thursday though. One of the Brazilian couples has visited family in the States during Thanksgiving, so he's going to coordinate a big dinner at President's house this week. Turkey, stuffing, the whole shabang. Christmas is supposed to be just as big. Brazilian food for Thanksgiving... should be interesting. :)
   The week was a little harder. I just couldn't coordinate with members to walk with me. But I think this next week will be better.  I'm going to try and just work as hard as I can this week. Wish me luck!
   It was a little slow this week for me too. I did have a baptism though! Dani got baptized. Yea... I baptized a Rasta. That's a first for the mission. ;) Everyone was so excited for that one, haha.
   I love the photos. I can't wait to go to the next ISU-Weber game with Owen and Grandpa. That was so much fun the first time.
   So, there wasn't too much to report on this last week, so I'm just going to give y'all a list of things I'm thankful for. Here we go:

I'm thankful for mangos. They are so good!
I'm thankful for the chance to come to Africa. It's been a dream since I first saw the Lion King!
I'm thankful for rice. Grains like this are the staff of life out here!
I'm thankful for Nesquick. It fills me up at the end of the week. (I eat fine during the week mom.) :)
I'm thankful for taxis. It's hard to be thankful for them, but I am.
I'm thankful for Angolans who teach me how to cook crazy African dishes so that I can be helpful to my family and future wife when I come home.
I'm thankful for Angola. This country has so much potential!
I'm thankful for my mission. Nothing has ever been this edifying in my life.
I'm thankful for my brothers, who inspire me to be better. I'm also thankful that they've been going on the right path.
I'm thankful for my family, who help me keep going each week, and got me prepared to be here.
I'm thankful for the temple. I can't write why, but it is one of the biggest blessings in my life.
I'm thankful for all of the little things in life, trees, children, rain, a clean bed, etc...
I'm thankful for adresses in the states. It's hard not having them here.
I'm thankful that the Lord has taught me how to speak Português. Such a beautiful language.
I'm thankful for our nice house here. Woo!
I'm thankful for the Book of Mormon. It truly is God's chosen tool unto the convincing of men. I'm thankful for the plain an precious truths inside its covers.
I'm thankful for my parents who taught me in my youth to live in the world, not of the world.
I'm thankful for the gospel, which has lit my way to a happy life, and eternal life to come.
I'm thankful for repentence. I'm not perfect, but with this glorious opportunity to change, I can be after I die.
I'm thankful for Jesus Christ, for suffering all the pains of my sins, my sorrows, and my afflictions, so that I can conquer myself, death, and Satan.
I'm thankful for My Lord and God, all that He has given me for success.

I love you guys so much. I could write many other things, but these are the big ones. I can't wait to see you all on Christmas. Lots of love, enjoy the holidays!

Elder Alex Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment