Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 13, 2012

Família,

   Once again, sorry that my email is late. It was Angolan Independence day on Sunday, so the country took a day off on monday. We didn't think any cyber cafés were open. Sorry!
   Things here are the same. Not too many lessons were done in my area due to misplanning. It is hard in a tripanionship across 2 areas. But I do love the zls! They rock.
   K started drinking again. He keeps letting people borrow his Book of Mormon and doesn't read it for himself! We're working with him. However, D had his baptismal interview this week. He'll be getting baptized on Saturday. It should be neat!
   I'm really happy to hear about all of the great things that Weston and Owen are doing. It's cool that they're going to the temple and exercising the preisthood. Man that is good! In fact, it's so good that if Owen were to promise to get his Eagle scout and Weston got straight A's in school (while continuing temple work) I wouldn't be surprised if they were blessed in many MANY different ways. Spiritually, and HALO4istically. Nope. Wouldn't surprise me at all. ;)
   I am super excited for Christmas. Can't wait to see you guys. Everyone is growing from what I can see in the pictures that you've sent. I'm excited. It's really hard to believe that I'm almost at a year mark. I hear that time flies after a year, so I need to push it hard now!!! I don't know if this will get to you all in time for Elder Banta, but: I've heard nothing about bikes yet... that would be interesting! Bring a good flashlight, keep it safe. Make sure that you have one fitted sheet. Both of mine are flat, and I have to redo the bottom sheet nearly everyday. And tell him to polish his shoes weekly! I've been polishing every week, and as I see other Elder's shoes, I'm amazed at the results. I'm hoping to wear all 3 of my pairs of shoes after I come home!
   Yea, I heard about the election. Angolans were really excited that a black person was still in office. hahaha O well. I'm happy that you got the kwanza though. There should be another letter coming to you guys soon.
   But the week was a little slow. I do have a story for you all though: while we were shopping yesterday, it rained. A LOT. There was a mini river in the street. Angolans aren't big on rain, because rain with dust equals mud... a lot of mud. hahahaha
   As for my walk with President Thompson, it was really nice. Last Pday him and Sister helped us clean our new appartment. Since President Kretly has a lot of the power, it frees a lot of time for President Thompson to spend time with the Elders. We're all getting pretty close with Pres. It should be nice if we become our own mission in July.

I love you all so much. Keep doing what you're doing!

Elder Alex Hobbs

Ps I did take out 20$ Não preoccup-se

No comments:

Post a Comment