Monday, March 19, 2012

Eleventh Week

Por minha família,
Angola is still just this awsome place. But, unless they transfer me down to Lobongo, I won't need to use my waterproof stuff. Mozambique is jungle, but Luanda is urban jungle. Lots of city, although it's broken up from war and degredation. I love the members and people here. I talk to many people everyday. They just want to FEEL something. Many people are disappointed when we tell them that church is only on Sunday, because they want to have a spiritual experience and then go back to drinking or other stuff.
    So do you remember when I said that you just find space to drive or to walk? haha I was in a taxi, and we were on a 2 lane road... that was being used for a 4 lane road! to make things interesting, one of the middle lanes was heading the opposite direction haha. But,we're always careful with everything we do. We work hard to teach as many people as we can. From what Elder Perry has told me, the missionary work here is growing faster than the branches can keep up. We´re hoping to establish a stake soon, but it could be a while off depending on what happens on the branch side of things.
   I'm not sure, but I might end up hating techno by the time I come home haha. We live next to a dance club. They are very lound and they play very heavy bass all night on Saturdays. haha. On Saturday, I decided I was finally adjusted to the time change, and then I was up all night with the dance club next to us haha.
    Mom: don't worry about me being fed! We get fed by members for lunch every single day! And it is so much better than cafeteria food. The only weird thing I've eaten is a dried seaweed dip.... it was ok, but very bitter. But I still miss your food mom. :)
    I don't have any pics vids or voice for you all yet, but I absolutely PROMISE that I will for you next week. It's been a little crazy here, plus I don't take my camera out proselyting because we're not allowed to take pictures of police, government buildings, or statues, and there are days where there are police EVERYWHERE, so I just don't want them to get the wrong idea. But, I'm gonna muster up some courage to take my camera out one of these days. I got your voice stuff, so keep sending it. I like to hear your voices.
     I'm just about out of email time, but remember that I love you all so so so SO very much. Owen, keep up on your grades, Weston, don't demand perfection, it comes with time (go watch on lds.org "mens hearts shall fail them" by Elder Russell M. Nelson. He talks about how perfections does not come in this life, and that all we need to do is to do our best to improve daily. Don't sweat it bro! :) ) Tell Chris that the AC DC cup is here in Angola with me, and that by George, it's coming home with me! haha. Luxana, you be good for mom and dad, and I'm excited to hear your voice! I love you mom and dad. I miss you so much.
              Love,
    Elder no-way-in-heck-weston-will-be-as-cool-as-me-Alex Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment